PAINTING WHITE OVER RED - distressed antiqued chest




This antique dresser had been painted in a rusty red color before I found it. I chose to work with it to create the vintage distressing. 






Here it is in all it's rusty red glory.
I added several appliques to the front to get started.


Looking at some sample boards of chalk paint colors and waxes. That got me thinking about the different layered looks of colors that could be used.


I don't like struggling against the furniture I found
and up to this point wasn't 100% on the right direction for this rusty piece.
***************************************



I have done red over black before very successfully
but what color could I do over red and be just as happy with?


I really enjoy how choosing old white worked with this piece.
The lightness of the white changes the color of the rust to a richer burgundy look.

********************************



Some vintage heart shaped ring pulls painted in a two tone cream
and white to the drawers finished it off perfectly.


You can always follow along on 
INSTAGRAM @4_the_love_of_wood
where you get sneak peaks of what I am up to.

*******************************************
Dark Bronze Farmhouse Knobs Kitchen Cabinet Door Hardware image 0 READY TO SHIP 2 Glass Knobs Vintage Metal Back Plates Cabinet image 0 READY TO SHIP Glass Knob Vintage Metal Back Plate Cabinet Door image 0
      CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR DETAILS

*************************************
Stop into FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE to see all the
vintage hardware we have available for your next project.





Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware