ART DECO TURNED SHAKER - vancouver subway art dresser


How to take an Art Deco Dresser and give it a Shaker Style.


One thing that dates art deco furniture is the flush and rounded tops.


So I removed the original top and replaced it with a nice fresh pine board cut to size.


With some walnut stain, wax, and my new gloves we were off to the races.




Having a curvy kick at the bottom is common in a lot of furniture
but I removed this one to get straighter lines and offer a masculine feel.


Two final steps to help achieve the look was to add the vintage metal wheels
and simple metal knobs down both sides of the drawers.



And that's how you get a shaker look from an Art Deco Dresser.

More beauty pics can be seen on yesterday's post


Next time I'll share how I did my lettering and finish on the drawers.



Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware