I TURNED SPIDERMAN SHABBY CHIC - bathroom cabinet




A lot of patience, love and a bit of pixie dust went into creating
this tall bath cabinet.




I'd like to take a quick moment to impress upon you the
 extent of damage there was on this piece of furniture.

What was I thinking?
 better yet ...
What were they thinking?

Both sides of this little night stand were covered with 
someone's love of Spiderman.


This stuff inside the drawer was glued down.
You do realize the child that owned this could now
be grown up and watching me fix this.

  **************************************


Eventually I got it cleaned up using ...
acetone on the ink
WD-40 on the stickers
sand paper to smooth it out
good wash with soap and water
before repainted

  **************************************

That's when the transformation into something new
and exciting really started.


I used an small kitchen cabinet door and cut the
bottom profile to match then hinged it in place


  **************************************

Next I used some more kitchen doors to build
the sides of a shelf tower.



I topped the tower with this wooden wall hook thingy
that I picked up on one of our thrift shop stops.



For the back I used tongue and groove bead board
bought at a yard sale.

Then the last few details were added ...

  **************************************

A piece of ornate metal work from a trellis and some
glass hardware for the cupboard and drawer.



She is now the most attractive bathroom storage
cabinet in the land


This is how I turned SPIDERMAN, Shabby Chic!


I have a feeling I might have to do a few 
more of these storage towers.


*******************************************
Stop into FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE to see all the
vintage hardware we have available for your next project.


also has hundreds of switch plates to choose from
image 0  image 0  image 0
*******************************************

Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware