FOUR FRENCH CHAIRS - found in the shed




Last week we ended up at very cool yard sale at one of those houses out in the country where the owner decided to empty the dusty dirty contents of the old shed into the driveway and see what they could get for it all.






BEFORE                                AFTER

I bought 4 solid wood brown carved chairs, and yes I could barely contain myself as I tried to stay calm during the bargaining process. Calmly remind yourself each of those nail heads has to be pulled and will probably take a few hours of your life away, not to mention in-hailing that musty shed smell. 
TIP: Quickly in your head figure out your top dollar you would pay per chair and start with a much lower offer.


This one is nicknamed the Glamorous Grey.
It has 3 different colors of paint, the base is medium grey, the
 second coat is light grey, and the final color, dark grey was
 hand painted on the carved details.
********************************************



Here is a peak at another of the chairs, the Pale Provence Chair.
Each chair takes countless hours to rework and one chair had
 to be rebuilt. By the time I am done you shouldn't be able to
 tell it from the others. I'm doing them all in different colors
 and I'll be sharing all the paint colors and techniques I used
 over the next week.



Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware