HOW TO PAINT FRET WORK - white display cabinet






How do you paint fancy wood fret work on a glass fronted cabinet without getting paint on the glass? 








BEFORE                       AFTER


The first thing to consider is taking the glass out. In many
 cases though the glass is secured so well into the door frame
 that more damage would be caused trying to remove it than
 it is worth. Today I'll share how I spray painted the fret work
on my cabinet. This option works for brush painting also.

I painted this cabinet using Annie Sloan Chalk Paint
so I also had to wax my fret work.


I have a short waxing video available to watch here:



I used newspaper ... 
folded into thin strips that would slip through the fret work
 holes. For this cabinet it took 6 pieces of folded newspaper to
 cover all the areas of the glass. Then using smaller pieces of
 masking tape I taped around the edges and on the
 overlapping seems of the newspaper. It didn't take long
 but patience is a virtue.


Good luck with your fret work project!

******************************




Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware